Name: Ken Elks
Home: Virginia Beach
- Co Chair Gallaudet University Alumni Class ‘91 2021.
- Founder Deaf Talent Guild News Los Angeles 2015 to present.
- Host Deaf Night Out Virginia 2010 to present.
- Chairman Red Carpet at Gallaudet University ASL Films 2012 and 2013.
- President / Fundraiser Chair Model Secondary School for the Deaf – MSSDAA 2009 – 2013.
- ASL Coordinator PRIDEFEST 2011 and 2012
- HRP ASL Sponsorship 2011
- Co Chair Fundraiser First Hampton Roads Pride – American Sign Language – ASL Sign of Diversity 2011.
- CEO / Founder / Fundraiser Deaf Entertainment Foundation/ Guild Los Angeles 1990 – 2002.
- ASL coordinator/ Promoter Hampton Roads Community over 40 years took over responsibilities from late Mom Gail Smith Elks.
- ASL Coordinator AIDS Project Los Angeles at Universal Studio Hollywood 1989 – 1999
- ASL Coordinator at Los Angeles Pride 1989 – 1996
- 2011 – 2012, Hampton Roads Pride ASL Volunteer Coordinator at Town Point Park
- Virginia State Director for We The Deaf People
- Member of Hampton Roads Business OutReach (HRBOR)
- Fundraiser with Second Sign of Diversity
Why I want to serve on Hampton Roads Pride Board:
I am honored to be nominated by 2018 Hampton Roads community and encourage you to please come vote and support the nominees for HRP. I am the state director for We the Deaf People Commonwealth of Virginia/Diversity Deaf/Gay Activist and Supporter. My job is to promote Deaf equality and accessibility, raising awareness and recognizing Deaf rights and equality within the Deaf community.
We the Deaf People and City of Norfolk are working closely together in the process as #TeamNorfolk and #TeamWTDPVA as the City of Norfolk opened their eyes and heart and stands for the Deaf community. Additionally, I am a member of Hampton Roads Business OutReach (HRBOR) another organization that stands for the Deaf community. I felt I am the right candidate to be part of HR Pride team. If elected, I can help the Deaf community by acting as HRP ASL Coordinator for public relations at the Block Party and Pridefest in 2018 and help with Second Sign of Diversity fundraiser.