Yesterday, Hampton Roads Pride announced that the group is currently accepting applications to serve on the Board of Directors. It is expected that a number of current members of the current Board of Directors are resigning or not seeking reelection for their seats, opening up opportunities for other qualified and motivated members of the community to play a part in planning the state’s largest LGBTQ Pride festival and celebration.
In addition to submitting an application (including a current resume/CV), members of the Hampton Roads Pride Board of Directors responsibilities are as follows:
- Attend 12 Membership Meetings and 12 Executive Board meetings a year
- Membership Meetings occur on the first Monday of each month, Executive Board Meetings occur on the Third Monday of each month.
- Chair or Co-chair a committee. Committee Chairs are responsible for recruiting and retaining committee members, holding meetings, reporting activities to the board and membership and maintaining their budget.
- Be an active fundraiser and membership recruiter for Hampton Roads Pride. There is a give/get policy of at least $500 a year. We ask for 100% participation for board members to donate from their personal funds as board member philanthropy helps with grants and corporate sponsorship.
- Represent Hampton Roads Pride in the community.
- Other duties/responsibilities.
All board applications will be reviewed by a nominating committee before being put forth to a vote by the general membership. If you are interested in applying, you may do so online at the Hampton Roads Pride website.