Hampton Roads Pride is partnering with Wells Fargo bank to offer a one-time business scholarship valued at $2,500 for an eligible business major attending an accredited Virginia college or university.
The Hampton Roads Pride Business Scholarship is one of two scholarships funded by Wells Fargo nationwide, augmenting Hampton Roads Pride’s a separate scholarship program. In order to be considered for the Wells Fargo business scholarship, students should identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning (LGBTQ), or is an LGBTQ ally and meet the following requirements:
- Applicant must have a 3.5 GPA;
- Applicant must be a junior or senior;
- Applicant must be a business major; supply chain or entrepreneurship concentrations preferred;
- Applicant must attend an accredited Virginian institution;
- Applicants demonstrating some community service are preferred.
- Submit a 1,000-word essay that describing community service experience, with emphasis placed on service to the LGBTQ community. This essay is required for consideration.
The application deadline is January 5, 2018. To apply, Hampton Roads Pride created an online form on their website to make submitting an application easy. To do so, visit the page HERE.
The Well Fargo business scholarship is a separate scholarship from the annual scholarships awarded by Hampton Roads Pride at PrideFest since 2007. Applicants for the business scholarship who are not selected are encouraged to applying their application towards the general Hampton Roads Pride scholarships to be awarded at PrideFest in June 2018.
Since 2007, the Hampton Roads Pride Scholarship Program has assisted over 25 area students attend college, university, or trade school. Scholarships are based on merit, academics, and community involvement. In the past nine years, the Scholarship Program has awarded nearly $60,000, with recipients being chosen by members of Hampton Roads Pride’s Scholarship Committee.
The Hampton Roads Pride general scholarship, open to students of all majors, will begin accepting applications on January 12th, 2018. For more information about the Hampton Roads Pride scholarship program, visit their page HERE or contact the Scholarship committee at email@example.com.