Name: Taryn McLean
Awarded a Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal for dedicating over 300 off-duty hours within a three year timespan with the following:
- United Service Organization
- Special Olympics
- District of Columbia Senior Citizens Annual Holiday Luncheon
- Boise State University Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian Allies for Diversity
- Boise State University Diversity Program
- Lotus Tree Sensory Integration Clinic Boise
- Hampton Roads Meals On Wheels
- Virginia Rock-N-Rock Half Marathon
- Norfolk Animal Care Clinic
- Surf-N-Santa 5K
- Wreaths Across America
- Yuengling Shamrock Marathon
- Sitter & Barfoot Veterans Care Center
- Hampton Roads LGBT Life Center
Why I want to serve on Hampton Roads Pride Board:
I am a student and Openly Transgender Active Duty U.S. Military Service Member with years of technical and administrative skills not limited to planning, coordinating, mentorship, sponsorship, and Human Resources.
Having been able to travel all around the world I have had the unique opportunity to be able to learn from and experience a range of communities through volunteerism.
I want to continue to advocate and work for ALL of the LGBT community. Through diversity and inclusion it is my mission to help and ensure that not only will everyone have a voice but never doubt whether they have a place in belonging within this community.
“Be Not Simply Good – Be Good For Something.” -Henry David Thoreau