The sixth annual Engage Norfolk will take place this Sunday from 11 to 2:30 at the Norfolk SCOPE Exhibition Hall.
Engage Norfolk is an opportunity for Hampton Roads residents to connect their passions and values with organizations making a difference in our city, our region, our state, our country and our world. Included in the event are the following:
- CivicFAIR: A showcase of the many organizations in our community.
- Meet & Greet: City Council members, School Board members, state Delegates and Senators and U.S. Representatives & Senators (or their regional directors)
- Civic Motivation: Meet others like you who are ready to get to work.
Norfolk City Councilwoman Andria McClellan created Engage Norfolk in 2017. Attendees from all walks of life and political affiliations from around the Hampton Roads area flooded the event with enormous enthusiasm, talking with community leaders, signing up for volunteer opportunities and their civic leagues, and learning how they could turn their abilities and concerns into actions and become leaders in their communities.
Core to the event was the CivicFAIR, which provides attendees an opportunity to learn about volunteer and advocacy opportunities from more than 100 organizations ranging from the environment, social justice, the arts, education, political organizations/candidates and more.
LGBTQ+ organizations participating in this year’s Engage are:
- Hampton Roads Business Outreach (HRBOR)
- Hampton Roads Pride
- The Virginia Queer Film Festival
- The LGBT Life Center
- New Life Metropolitan Community Community Church
- Norfolk Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- CAN Community Health
- Stonewall Sports Norfolk
- PFLAG Hampton Roads
Engage is free and open to the public. Attendees are encouraged to register beforehand and Engage Norfolk is recruiting volunteers to work at the event. To register, sign up to volunteer or gather more information, visit Engage Norfolk.