On Saturday, September 16, from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., the LGBT Life CEnter, PRISM Youth Community in collaboration with PFLAG of Hampton Roads is hosting the first GSA Sponsor Training & Summit for all current and prospective GSA/LGBTQ+ Student Group Sponsors. New sponsors and veterans are all invited to the summit.
Topics to be covered during the summit include:
– How to start a new GSA program
– How to build and revitalize an existing GSA
– Fun activities for your club
– How to host school and/or city wide events
– Fundraisers that work
– How to get sponsorships for your club and events
– The legal rights students have to form a GSA, and
– What to do if you encounter resistance
You will also be able to ask questions of sponsors of the area’s largest and most active GSA programs! All sponsors who attend will leave with a proven, ready-made, Ally Week* campaign to raise awareness, build membership and start your year off right!
*GLSEN’s Ally Week is Sept. 25th – 29th this year.
This event is FREE and open to all current and prospective Middle School, High School and College level LGBTQ+ Student group sponsors. Seats are limited, so RSVP, using this ticket link.