Earlier this week, it was reported that applications to be considered for a Board of Directors position with Hampton Roads Pride were due August 31. We have learned that this date was incorrect and applications are due by the close of business on September 11.
Prospective Board members need to fill out an online application and submit a current resume/CV. You may do so at this link. In addition, Hampton Roads Pride Board of Directors candidates must be willing and able to fulfill the responsibilities detailed below:
- Attend 12 Membership Meetings and 12 Executive Board meetings a year
- Membership Meetings occur on the first Monday of each month, Executive Board Meetings occur on the Third Monday of each month.
- Chair or Co-chair a committee. Committee Chairs are responsible for recruiting and retaining committee members, holding meetings, reporting activities to the board and membership and maintaining their budget.
- Be an active fundraiser and membership recruiter for Hampton Roads Pride. There is a give/get policy of at least $500 a year. We ask for 100% participation for board members to donate from their personal funds as board member philanthropy helps with grants and corporate sponsorship.
- Represent Hampton Roads Pride in the community.
- Other duties/responsibilities.
All board applications will be reviewed by a nominating committee before being put forth to a vote by the general membership. If you are interested in applying, you may do so online at the Hampton Roads Pride website.