Hampton Roads residents woke up to several inches of snow and blizzard wind conditions this morning. Schools, universities and most offices are closed and people are encouraged to stay off the roads unless it is an emergency.
Among today’s cancellations and closures affecting the LGBTQ community include:
- Services provided by and activities held at the LGBT Life Center are cancelled for today. A decision regarding Friday’s services and activities will be made this evening and people are encouraged to check the Life Center’s facebook page starting at 9 p.m. tonight.
- The Bridges 757 Laser Tag event at Laser Quest in Virginia Beach has been postponed. Click here for more details.
- Del.-Elect Jay Jones – Pre-Legislative Session Town Hall scheduled for tonight in Park Place is cancelled. More information here.
- Lose Power? Report all outages at dominionenergy.com or call 1-866-DOM-HELP (1-866-366-4357), and any downed power lines should be reported as soon as possible.
- Norfolk International Airport is open, although experiencing delays. Check with your airline before heading to the airport.
- And, if you get cabin fever and need some company, MJ’s Tavern is OPEN! Provided you can get there and back home safely. Be smart and strap on your snowshoes!
If you have any closures or event cancellations to share, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, share with us any photos or tips for spending today’s snow day and warding off cabin fever as the weather is going to be very cold through the weekend!
Keep warm, stay safe, check on your neighbors and try to enjoy the snow!