The seventh edition of OutLife757 Magazine is hitting the streets this week and it is all about the people in our community that are “in the weeds”, doing the hard work on the ground, every day to improve the quality of life for LGBTQ persons in Hampton Roads.
“Over the three years we’ve published OutLife757, we have met so many people from the LGBTQ and allied community who are doing some great work . This latest issue is our way of saying thank you to many of the quiet activists who don’t get much recognition. Their work is invaluable,” said OutLife757 publisher Eric Hause.
Hampton Roads has many people ‘in the weeds’ and we wish we could feature all of them, but we chose a select few to share. Among the people ‘in the weeds’ that will be featured include:
- Jasmine Johnson, Care Navigator at the LGBT Life Center and cover model
- Andria McClellan, Norfolk City Councilwoman
- Jake Reeves of Old Dominion University
- Jenn Michelle Pedini of Virginia NORML
- LGBTQ Community Liaisons Latiesha Handie of Hampton, Aleea Slappy of Norfolk and Neva White of Virginia Beach
- Dr. Alycia Dickens and Dr. Maria Rodriguez of the LGBT Life Center/CAN Community Health Clinic
- Rev. Christopher Winston, All God’s Children Community Church
Launched in 2016, OutLife757 Magazine is part of OutWire757’s repertoire of publications, events, and web sites targeted towards the thriving Hampton Roads LGBTQ community.
The magazine and its sister publications, OutGuide757 LGBTQ Resource Directory are free and available at over 100 locations in Hampton Roads. To request an indvidual copy to be mailed to you (postage required), click HERE.